Dr Sam Hayman is an Interventional Cardiologist located in Brisbane, Queensland. He specialises in coronary and structural heart interventions including angioplasty, stenting, transcatheter aortic valve implantation, and MitraClip.
Dr Hayman graduated medicine with honours at the University of Queensland. He completed his basic medical training and advanced cardiology training at the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital and Nambour General Hospital.
He was awarded his Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians in 2015. Following his general training, Dr Hayman travelled to Ontario, Canada to complete a two-year Fellowship in interventional, coronary and structural interventions at the London Health Sciences Centre.
Dr Hayman joined HeartCare Partners (now GenesisCare) in 2017 and consults at the Mater Private Clinic in South Brisbane and Gympie Specialist and Diagnostic Centre.
* This physician is currently not participating in the Hope For Hearts program. This profile was created using publically available information.
Procedures & Conditions
- Coronary Angioplasty
- Coronary Stenting
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation (TAVI)
- Invasive Cardiac Imaging
- Aortic Valve Disease
- Aortic Stenosis
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Mitral Valve Disease
- Mitral Regurgitation
Consultant CardiologistHeartCare Partners, South Brisbane and Gympie Centres 2017 - Present
Consultant CardiologistThe Mater Private Clinic, South Brisbane 2017 - Present
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (FRACP)
Research & Publications
1. Bakar, Sena & Hayman, Sam & McCarty, D. & Thain, Andrew & McLellan, A. & Wagner, C. & Lavi, Shahar. (2019). INVASIVE ASSESSMENT OF MICROVASCULAR RESISTANCE IN HYPERTROPHIC CARDIOMYOPATHY WITH ECHOCARDIOGRAPHIC CORRELATES. Canadian Journal of Cardiology. 35. S151. 10.1016/j.cjca.2019.07.297.
2. Bakar, Sena & Hayman, Sam & McCarty, D & Thain, Andrew & McLellan, A & Wagner, C & Lavi, Shahar. (2019). P1769Microvascular resistance increases with left ventricular mass in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. European Heart Journal. 40. 10.1093/eurheartj/ehz748.0521.
3. Sowden, N. & Lancini, D. & Basso, T. & Guppy-Coles, Kristyan & Hayman, Sam & Malhotra, G. & Atherton, J. & Prasad, Sandhir. (2019). Clinical Value of Routine Echocardiography Prior to Coronary Angiography in Patients in Non ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction. Heart, Lung and Circulation. 28. 10.1016/j.hlc.2019.06.254.
4. Fetahovic, Taufik & Hayman, Sam & Cox, Stephen & Cole, Chris & Rafter, Tony & Camuglia, Anthony. (2019). The Prophylactic Chimney Snorkel Technique for the Prevention of Acute Coronary Occlusion in High Risk for Coronary Obstruction Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement/Implantation Cases. Heart, Lung and Circulation. 28. 10.1016/j.hlc.2019.04.009.
5. Tomlinson, S. & Jayasuria, T. & Hayman, Sam & Stewart, P.. (2018). A Bleeding Heart. Heart, Lung and Circulation. 27. S68. 10.1016/j.hlc.2018.06.056.
6. Gadowski, Tahlia & Peverill, William & Stewart, P. & Hayman, Sam & Hammett, C.. (2018). Diagnostic Accuracy of Myocardial Perfusion Scanning in Everyday Practice. Heart, Lung and Circulation. 27. S232. 10.1016/j.hlc.2018.06.427.
7. O’Sullivan, P. & Ruane, Lorcan & Toms, E. & Dahiya, A. & Hayman, Sam. (2018). A Rare Case of Atrial Myxoma Causing Mitral Valve Perforation in a Young School Leaver. Heart, Lung and Circulation. 27. S210. 10.1016/j.hlc.2018.06.378.
8. Hayman, Sam & Atherton, John. (2016). Should Angiotensin Receptor Neprilysin Inhibitors Replace Angiotensin-converting Enzyme Inhibitors in Heart Failure With a Reduced Ejection Fraction?. Cardiac Failure Review. 2. 47. 10.15420/cfr.2016:2:2.
9. Hayman, Sam & Dooris, M.. (2015). Paradoxical coronary embolism and right to left shunting. Heart, Lung and Circulation. 24. S387-S388. 10.1016/j.hlc.2015.06.641.
10. Hayman, Sam & Colburn, D. & Greaves, Kim & Larsen, P. & Poulter, Rohan & Butterly, S. & Chako, Y. & Lau, K. & Nam, Michael & Thompson, C. & Willson, Alexander. (2015). Out-of-hospital Cardiac Arrest (OOHCA) referred for Primary Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PPCI): Results in a regional setting. Heart, Lung and Circulation. 24. S157-S158. 10.1016/j.hlc.2015.06.107.
11. Hayman, Sam & Chako, Y. & Lau, K. & Butterly, S. & Willson, Alexander & Larsen, P. & Poulter, Rohan & Colburn, D. & Thompon, C. & Johnson, M.. (2015). Primary Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PPCI) in Octogenarians: Clinical characteristics and outcomes in a regional setting. Heart, Lung and Circulation. 24. S295. 10.1016/j.hlc.2015.06.429.
12. Chacko, Y. & Hayman, Sam & Willson, Alexander & Butterly, S. & Larsen, P. & Poulter, Rohan & Thompson, C. & Colburn, D. & Lau, K. & Johnson, M.. (2015). Utility of a new regional cardiac catheterisation laboratory. Heart, Lung and Circulation. 24. S312. 10.1016/j.hlc.2015.06.470.
13. Peverill, William & Hayman, Sam & Brazzale, A. & Puchalski, R. & Stewart, P. & Dooris, M.. (2015). Percutaneous coronary intervention in the very elderly. Heart, Lung and Circulation. 24. S291-S292. 10.1016/j.hlc.2015.06.421.
14. Nam, Michael & Nel, K. & Hayman, Sam & Chacko, Y. & Lau, K. & Senior, Roxy & Greaves, Kim. (2015). Myocardial blood flow assessment in cardiac amyloidosis using myocardial contrast echocardiography. Heart, Lung and Circulation. 24. S352. 10.1016/j.hlc.2015.06.561.
15. Puchalski, R. & Peverill, William & Brazzale, A. & Hayman, Sam & Dooris, M. & Stewart, P.. (2013). Outcomes of Percutaneous Coronary Intervention in a Nonagenarian Population. Heart, Lung and Circulation. 22. S45. 10.1016/j.hlc.2013.05.108.View More