What is your personal information?
What personal information do we collect and hold?
We may collect the following types of personal information about you:
- your name and contact details (such as address, email address and telephone number);
- your health information provided to us during any health survey or analysis conducted by us (such as ECG and heart rate information); and
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website, our representatives or otherwise.
We will only collect your health information or other sensitive information with your prior consent.
We may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, we may collect aggregated information about how users use our website.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting personal information from you, we may collect in ways including:
- during health surveys, screenings or analysis conducted between you and our representatives;
- during meetings or conversations between you and our representatives;
- if you are an employee or contractor or a job applicant, when you submit your application to us, or through your relationship with us; or
- through your access and use of our website.
We may also collect personal information from third parties such as referees, law enforcement agencies and government entities.
What happens if we can’t collect your personal information?
If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
- we may not be able to contact you or keep you up to date with news relating to our organisation or our awareness campaigns;
- you may not be able to participate in any health survey or analysis conducted by us; or
- we may be unable to tailor the content of our website to your preferences and your experience of our website may not be as enjoyable or useful.
For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to improve the diagnosis, treatment and quality of life for all those affected by arrhythmias. We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to manage and maintain our relationship with you;
- to conduct business processing functions including providing personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors, service providers or other third parties;
- for administrative, planning, quality control and research purposes;
- to update our records and keep your contact details up to date; and
- to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority.
To whom do we disclose your personal information?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our employees, related bodies corporate, suppliers, contractors or service providers for the purposes of operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide services to you including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, application developers, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, and related purposes;
- medical professionals and health services that assist us with improving the diagnosis, treatment and quality of life for all those affected by heart disease, including cardiologists who may review ECG and heart rate information collected in health surveys; and
- any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
We may also disclose your personal information and sensitive information to our IT service providers and application providers, who may be located in or hold your personal information (including sensitive information) in countries outside Australia, including in the United States of America, France and elsewhere in the European Union.