Dr Timothy Roberts is a Cardiologist located in Victoria. He has a special interest in diagnostic cardiology, cardiovascular risk assessment and perioperative assessment. As well as the management of adult congenital heart disease, heart failure, hypertension, chest pain, breathlessness and valvular heart disease.
Dr Roberts holds appointments at St Vincent’s Public and Private, Knox Private, and Goulburn Vallely Health Hospitals. He also consults at East Heart Melbourne, Heidelberg Heart Centre and Werribee Heart practices.
Tim completed his medical studies at Monash University followed by advanced cardiology training. He furthered his experience by completing an Echocardiography Fellowship at St Vincent’s Hospital (Melbourne) and Adult Congenital Heart Disease Fellowship overseas at The Royal Brompton Hospital (London) and Erasmus University Medical Center (Rotterdam).
Upon returning back to Australia, Tim completed a PhD focusing on the assessment of exercise performance and cardiopulmonary limitations in people with Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes, through the University of Melbourne. His research has been published extensively in a number of high impact journals and presented at a number of international events. He was awarded the ‘Australian Diabetes Society (ADS) President’s Young Investigator Award’ in 2016 for his contributions at the ADS-ADEA Annual Scientific Meeting.
* This physician is currently not participating in the Hope For Hearts program. This profile was created using publically available information.
Procedures & Conditions
- General Cardiology
- Advanced Coronary Assessment
- Cardiac Catheterisation
- Cardiovascular Risk Assessment
- Perioperative Assessment
- Holter Monitor
- Transesophageal Echocardiography
- Exercise Stress Test
- Adult Congenital Disease
- Acute Coronary Syndrome
- Heart Failure
- Chest Pain
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Coronary Artery Disease
- General Cardiology
- Structural Heart Disease
- Valvular Heart Disease
Consultant Cardiologist EchocardiologistSt Vincent's Public and Private Hospitals, Melbourne Present
Consultant Cardiologist EchocardiologistKnox Private Hospital Present
Consultant Cardiologist EchocardiologistGoulburn Vallely Health Shepparton Present
Consultant Cardiologist EchocardiologistEast Heart Melbourne Present
Consultant Cardiologist EchocardiologistHeidelberg Heart Centre Present
Consultant Cardiologist EchocardiologistWerribee Heart Present
Echocardiology FellowshipSt Vincent's Hospital, Melbourne
Adult Congenital Heart Disease FellowshipThe Royal Brompton Hospital, London and Erasmus MC, Rotterdam
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (FRACP)
Fellow of the Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand (FCSANZ)
Research & Publications
1. Verma, Kunal & Roberts, Timothy & Parsons, Sarah & Winship, Ingrid & Prior, David & La Gerche, Andre & Zentner, Dominica. (2020). Persistent Troponin Elevation in Left-Dominant Arrhythmogenic Cardiomyopathy. Circulation: Genomic and Precision Medicine. 13. 10.1161/CIRCGEN.120.003094.
2. Roberts, Timothy & Barros-Murphy, James & Burns, Andrew & Macisaac, Richard & MacIsaac, Andrew & Prior, David & La Gerche, Andre. (2020). Reduced Exercise Capacity in Diabetes Mellitus Is Not Associated with Impaired Deformation or Twist. Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography. 33. 10.1016/j.echo.2019.11.012.
3. Costello, Ben & Roberts, Timothy & Howden, Erin & Bigaran, Ashley & Foulkes, Steven & Beaudry, Rhys & Janssens, Kristel & Haykowsky, Mark & Antill, Yoland & Nightingale, Sophie & Loi, Sherene & La Gerche, Andre. (2019). Exercise Attenuates Cardiotoxicity of Anthracycline Chemotherapy Measured by Global Longitudinal Strain. JACC: CardioOncology. 1. 298-301. 10.1016/j.jaccao.2019.09.002.
4. Roberts, Timothy & Burns, Andrew & Macisaac, Richard & MacIsaac, Andrew & Prior, David & La Gerche, Andre. (2019). Sildenafil enhances central hemodynamic responses to exercise, but not VO 2 peak, in people with diabetes mellitus.. Journal of Applied Physiology. 127. 10.1152/japplphysiol.00947.2018.
5. Roberts, Timothy & Burns, Andrew & Macisaac, Richard & Macisaac, Andrew & Prior, David & La Gerche, Andre. (2018). Exercise capacity in diabetes mellitus is predicted by activity status and cardiac size rather than cardiac function: A case control study. Cardiovascular diabetology. 17. 44. 10.1186/s12933-018-0688-x.
6. Roberts, Timothy & Burns, Andrew & Macisaac, Richard & Macisaac, Andrew & Prior, David & La Gerche, Andre. (2018). Diagnosis and Significance of Pulmonary Microvascular Disease in Diabetes. Diabetes Care. 41. dc171904. 10.2337/dc17-1904.
7. Roberts, Timothy & Gatzoulis, Michael. (2017). Can we do more to risk stratify and improve survival in ACHD?. International Journal of Cardiology. 245. 147-148. 10.1016/j.ijcard.2017.07.059.
8. Jayawardene, Dilshani & McAuley, Sybil & Horsburgh, Jodie & La Gerche, Andre & Jenkins, Alicia & Ward, Glenn & Macisaac, Richard & Roberts, Timothy & Grosman, Benyamin & Kurtz, Natalie & Roy, Anirban & O’Neal, David. (2017). Closed-Loop Insulin Delivery for Adults with Type 1 Diabetes Undertaking High-Intensity Interval Exercise Versus Moderate-Intensity Exercise: A Randomized, Crossover Study. Diabetes Technology & Therapeutics. 19. 10.1089/dia.2016.0461.
9. La Gerche, Andre & Inder, Warrick & Roberts, Timothy & Brosnan, Maria & Heidbuchel, Hein & Prior, David. (2015). Relationship between Inflammatory Cytokines and Indices of Cardiac Dysfunction following Intense Endurance Exercise. PLOS ONE. 10. e0130031. 10.1371/journal.pone.0130031.
10. Murch, Stuart & La Gerche, Andre & Roberts, Timothy & Prior, David & Macisaac, Andrew & Burns, Andrew. (2015). Abnormal Right Ventricular Relaxation in Pulmonary Hypertension. Pulmonary Circulation. 5. 000-000. 10.1086/681268.
11. La Gerche, Andre & Roberts, Timothy. (2015). Straining the RV to Predict the Future. JACC. Cardiovascular imaging. 8. 170-171. 10.1016/j.jcmg.2014.11.006.View More