Dr Matthew Brooks completed his medical training at The University of Melbourne followed by specialist cardiology and interventional training at The Royal Melbourne Hospital.
He undertook two further fellowships at the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh and Copenhagen University Hospital with a focus on structural heart disease intervention and complex percutaneous coronary intervention. He is a consultant cardiologist at The Royal Melbourne Hospital and also practices at Melbourne Private and John Fawkner Private Hospitals.
1. Fuchs A, De Backer O, Brooks M, et al. Subclinical leaflet thickening and stent frame geometry in self expanding transcatheter heart valves. Er Intervention. 2017 Oct 12;13(9)
2. Sondergaard L, Brooks M, Ihlemann N, Jonsson A, Holme S, Tang M, Terp K, Quadri A. Transcatheter mitral valve implantation via transapical approach: an early experience. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2015 Feb 3. De Backer O, Arnous S, Sandholt B, Brooks M, Biasco L, Franzen O, Loon L, Bech B, Sondergaard L. Safety and efficacy of using the Viabahn endoprosthesis for percutaneous treatment of vascular access complications after transfemoral aortic valve implantation. Am J Cardiol. 2015 Apr 15;115(8):1123-9.
3. De Backer O, Arnous S, Lonborg J, Brooks M, Biasco L, Jonsson A, Franzen OW, Sondergaard L. Recovery from anaemia in patients with severe aortic stenosis undergoing transcatheter aortic valve implantation – prevalence, predictors and clinical outcomes. PLoS One. 2014 Dec 1;9(12).
4. Brennan AL, Andrianopoulos N, Duffy SJ, Reid CM, Clark DJ, Loane P, New G, Black A, Yan BP, Brooks M, Roberts L, Carroll EA, Lefkovits J, Ajani AE. Trends in door-to-balloon time and outcomes following primary percutaneous coronary intervention for ST-elevation myocardial infarction: an Australian perspective. Intern Med J. 2014 May;44(5):471-7.
5. Brooks MJ, Andrews DT. Molecular mechanisms of ischemic conditioning: translation into patient outcomes. Future Cardiol. 2013 Jul;9(4):549-68.
6. Brooks MJ, Hannan LM, Ng A, Irving LB, Aggarwal A. An unusual cause of transient ischaemic attack. Can Respir J. 2013 May-Jun;20(3):150.
7. Brooks MJ, Grigg L, Mitchell P, Iyer R, Zentner D, Ng A, Gurvitch R. Percutaneous closure of a giant saphenous vein graft aneurysm using an Amplatzer vascular plug. JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2013 Apr;6(4):420-2.
8. Brooks MJ, Pattison DA, Teo EP, Price S, Gurvitch R. Amiodarone induced destructive thyroiditis associated with coronary artery vasospasm and recurrent ventricular fibrillation. Eur Thyroid J. 2013;2:65-7.
9. Brooks MJ, Joshi SB, Grigg L. Ruptured giant major aortopulmonary collateral artery. Eur Heart J. 2013 Jun;34(23):1766.
10. Brooks MJ, Iyer R. Coronary arteritis. N Engl J Med. 2012 Aug 16;367(7):658.
11. Brooks MJ, Royse C, Eisen D, Sparks P, Bhagwat K, Royse A. An accidental mass. Lancet 2011 May 21;377(9779):1806.
12. Bhagwat K, Hallam J, Shivanand G, Brooks MJ, Atkinson V, Goldblatt J. Expanding cardiac pseudotumor. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2011 Jun;141(6):e41–2.View More