Dr Andrei Catanchin is a Cardiologist Electrophysiologist located in Victoria. He primarily consults at the Epworth Hospital in Richmond, he visits the Manningham Medical Centre weekly and consults at the Knox Private Hospital fortnightly.
Andrei completed his Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery at the University of Melbourne. Followed by specialty cardiology training at the Royal Melbourne Hospital and a Fellowship in Electrophysiology at St George’s University & Hospital in London, United Kingdom.
Dr Catanchin is experienced in all areas of Cardiology Electrophysiology including atrial fibrillation, supraventricular tachycardia, ectopic beats and the implantation of pacemakers, defibrillation and loop recorders. He continues to be an active contributor to the establishment of an Arrhythmia / Catheter Ablation service at Knox Private Hospital.
He regularly contributes to educational activities such as teaching medical students at the University of Melbourne, regularly presenting at various local and national meetings, and is currently involved in various clinical trials for NOACs (novel anticoagulants) and cardiac devices.
* This physician is currently not participating in the Hope For Hearts program. This profile was created using publically available information.
Procedures & Conditions
- Catheter Ablation - Radiofrequency & Cryoablation
- Mitral Valve Clip
- Pacemaker Implantation
- Implantable Loop Recorder
- Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators (ICDs)
- Electrophysiology Studies
- Cardiac Contractility Modulation
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Supraventricular Tachycardia
- Ectopic Beats
Consultant Cardiologist ElectrophysiologistEpworth Hospital in Richmond Present
Consultant Cardiologist ElectrophysiologistManningham Medical Centre Present
Consultant Cardiologist ElectrophysiologistKnox Private Hospital Present
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (FRACP)
Fellow of the Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand (FCSANZ)
Member of the European Heart Rhythm Association (EHRA)
Research & Publications
1. Govindan, Malini & Savelieva, Irina & Catanchin, Andrei & Camm, John. (2010). Atrial Fibrillation-The Final Frontier. Journal of cardiovascular pharmacology and therapeutics. 15. 36S-50S. 10.1177/1074248410371947.
2. MBBS, Andrei & MBBS, Reginald & MD, Elijah & MD, David & Catanchin, Andrei & Liew, Reginald & Behr, Elijah & Ward, David. (2010). Cardiac Arrhythmia Management using a Noncontact Mapping Multielectrode Array. Clinical Cardiology. 33. E19 – E24. 10.1002/clc.20421.
3. Govindan, Malini & Catanchin, Andrei & Camm, John. (2008). The Place of Hybrid Therapies With Drugs to Supplement Nonpharmacological Therapies in Atrial Fibrillation. Journal of cardiovascular pharmacology. 52. 210-21. 10.1097/FJC.0b013e3181799677.
4. Liew, Reginald & Catanchin, Andrei & Behr, Elijah & Ward, David. (2008). Use of non-contact mapping in the treatment of right atrial tachycardias in patients with and without congenital heart disease. Europace : European pacing, arrhythmias, and cardiac electrophysiology : journal of the working groups on cardiac pacing, arrhythmias, and cardiac cellular electrophysiology of the European Society of Cardiology. 10. 972-81. 10.1093/europace/eun183.
5. Catanchin, Andrei & Anderson, Lisa & Jones, Sue & Ward, David. (2008). When Life-Saving Devices Terminate Life. Journal of cardiovascular electrophysiology. 19. 316-8. 10.1111/j.1540-8167.2007.01080.x.
6. Catanchin, Andrei & Anderson, Lisa & Jones, Sue & Ward, David. (2008). The higher than expected early failure rate of the Sprint Fidelis implantable cardioverter defibrillator lead (model 6949, Medtronic, Inc.). Heart rhythm : the official journal of the Heart Rhythm Society. 5. 167-8; author reply 168. 10.1016/j.hrthm.2007.09.005.
7. Catanchin, Andrei & Castellanos, Eduardo & Marjan, Jahangiri & Ward, David. (2008). Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome with an unroofed coronary sinus without persistent left superior vena cava treated with catheter cryoablation. Indian pacing and electrophysiology journal. 8. 227-33.
8. Catanchin, Andrei & Murdock, Challon & Athan, Eugene. (2008). Pacemaker Infections: A 10-Year Experience. Heart, lung & circulation. 16. 434-9. 10.1016/j.hlc.2007.02.097.
9. Catanchin, Andrei & O—Brien, Daniel & Athan, Eugene. (2006). Acute Rheumatic Fever: An Unusual Cause of Fever in a Returned Traveler. Journal of Travel Medicine. 12. 353 – 355. 10.2310/7060.2005.12611.
10. Catanchin, Andrei & O’Brien, Daniel & Athan, Eugene. (2005). Acute rheumatic fever: An unusual cause of fever in a returned traveler. Journal of travel medicine. 12. 353-5.View More