Associate Professor Andrew Teh is a Consultant Cardiologist Electrophysiologist in Victoria and has a special interest in pacemaker and defibrillator implantation and management, electrophysiology studies and catheter ablation procedures.
A/Prof Teh currently consults at Box Hill Hospital and Austin Health and also has admitting rights at Warringal, Epworth Eastern, and Knox Private Hospitals. He also works as an Adjunct Clinical Associate Professor at Monash University and is actively involved in teaching, research and supervising PhD students.
He completed his medical degree at The University of Melbourne with Honours and subsequent training at The Royal Melbourne Hospital and specialty cardiology training at Box Hill Hospital. Upon the completion of his training, A/Prof Teh completed Cardiac Electrophysiology Fellowship and PhD at The Royal Melbourne Hospital and the University of Melbourne, followed by a further two years training at the Mount Sinai Medical Centre in New York, USA.
* This physician is currently not participating in the Hope For Hearts program. This profile was created using publically available information.
Procedures & Conditions
- Electrophysiology Studies
- Catheter Ablation
- Pacemaker Implantation
- Defibrillator Implantation
- Supraventricular Tachycardia (SVT)
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Ventricular Arrhythmias
- Conduction Disorders
Consultant Cardiologist ElectrophysiologistBox Hill Hospital 2013 - Present
Consultant Cardiologist ElectrophysiologistAustin Health 2013 - Present
Consultant Cardiologist ElectrophysiologistKnox Private Hospital Present
Consultant Cardiologist ElectrophysiologistBond Cardiology Present
Adjunct Clinical Associate ProfessorMonash University 2013 - Present
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (FRACP)
Fellow of Cardiac Society Australia and New Zealand (FRCANZ)
Research & Publications
1. Teh AW and Morton JB. Atrioventricular block. Cardiology in General Practice 2008; Vol 6, 36-37
2. Teh, AW, Kistler PM and Kalman JM. Using the 12-lead ECG to localize the origin of ventricular and atrial tachycardias : Part 1. Focal atrial tachycardia. Journal of Cardiovascular Electrophysiology 2009; Vol 20, Issue 6, 706-9
3. Teh AW, Medi C, Rosso R, Lee G, Gurvitch R and Mond HG. Pacing from the right ventricular septum: is there a danger to the coronary arteries. Pacing and Clinical Electrophysiology 2009; Vol 32, Issue 7, 894-7.
4. Rosso R, Teh AW, Medi C, Hung TT, Balasubramaniam R and Mond HG. Right Ventricular Septal Pacing: The Success of Stylet-Driven Active-Fixation Leads. Pacing and Clinical Electrophysiology 2009; Epub 07/10/2009
5. Teh AW, New G and Cooke J. A single-centre report on the characteristics of Tako-Tsubo syndrome. Heart, Lung and Circulation 2010; 19:63-70.
6. Kalman JM and Teh AW. Ablation of complex fractionated electrograms in persistent AF. Have we reached the Endpoint? Heart Rhythm 2010; 7:303-4
7. Kistler PM and Teh AW. Pulmonary vein tachycardia: Is the sinus rhythm P-wave useful? Revista Espanola de Cardiologia 2010; 63:134-6
8. Snowdon R, Balasubramaniam R, Teh AW, Haqqani H, Medi C, Rosso R, Vohra JK, Kistler PM, Morton JB, Sparks PB and Kalman JM. Linear ablation of right atrial free wall flutter: Demonstration of bidirectional conduction block as an endpoint associated with long term success. Journal of Cardiovascular Electrophysiology 2010; Vol 21, Issue 5, 526-531.
9. Teh AW, Lee G and Kalman JM. A Case of Focal Atrial Tachycardia from the Aortomitral continuity. Journal of Cardiovascular Electrophysiology 2010; Vol 21, Issue 5, 583-584.
10. Teh AW, Kistler PM, Medi C, Roberts-Thomson K and Kalman JM. Ablation of atrial tachycardias: a combination of ECG and EP may allow a simpler and faster approach. In Mont L and Brugada J, eds: A practical approach to clinical arrhythmology. 1st Edition. Valencia, Barcelona: Marge Medica Books, 2010 pp 143-155.
11. Teh AW, Kalman JM, Medi C, Rosso R, Balasubramaniam R, Lee G, Halloran K, Sparks PB, Morton JB, Vohra JK and Kistler PM. Long Term Outcome Following Successful Catheter Ablation of Atrial Tachycardia Originating From the Pulmonary Veins. Absence of Late Atrial Fibrillation. Journal of Cardiovascular Electrophysiology 2010; Vol 21, Issue 7, 747-750.
12. Teh AW, Kalman JM, Kistler PM, Lee G, Sutherland F, Morton JB, Vohra JK and Sparks PB. Prevalence of Fractionated Electrograms in the Coronary Sinus. Comparison Between Patients with Persistent of Paroxysmal AF and a Control Population. Heart Rhythm Journal 2010; 7:1200-1204.
13. Rosso R, Medi C, Teh AW, Hung TT, Feldman A, Lee G and Mond HG. Right ventricular septal pacing: a comparative study of outflow tract and mid ventricular sites. Pacing and Clinical Electrophysiology 2010; 33:1169-1173.
14. Gwee K, Teh AW and Huang C. Case report and review of the acute superior mesenteric artery syndrome and pancreatitis in anorexia nervosa. Australasian Psychiatry. 2010; Vol 18, Issue 6, 523-6.
15. Lee G, Sparks PB, Morton JB, Kistler PM, Vohra JK, Medi C, Rosso R, Teh AW, Halloran K and Kalman JM. Low risk of Major Complications Associated with Pulmonary Vein Antral Isolation for Atrial Fibrillation: Results of 500 Consecutive Ablation Procedures in Patients with Low Prevalence of Structural Heart Disease From a Single Centre. Journal of Cardiovascular Electrophysiology 2010; 22:163-168.
16. Teh AW, Medi C, Lee G, Rosso R, Sparks PB, Morton JB, Kistler PM, Halloran K, Vohra JK, Kalman JM. Long-term outcome following ablation of atrial flutter occurring late after atrial septal defect repair. Pacing and Clinical Electrophysiology 2011; 34:431-435.
17. Kumar S, Sutherland F, Wheeler M, Heck PM, Teh AW, Garg ML, Morgan JG and Sparks PB. Effects of chronic omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid supplementation on human atrial mechanical function after reversion of atrial arrhythmias to sinus rhythm: Reversal of tachycardia-mediated atrial cardiomyopathy with fish oils. Heart Rhythm Journal 2011; 8:643-649.
18. Kumar S, Sutherland F, Rosso R, Teh AW, Lee G, Heck PM, Feldman A, Medi C, Watt S, Garg ML and Sparks PB. Effects of chronic omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid supplementation on human atrial electrophysiology. Heart Rhythm Journal 2011; 8:562-568.
19. Teh AW, Kistler PM, Lee G, Medi C, Heck PM, Spence S, Morton JB, Sanders P and Kalman JM. Electroanatomic properties of the pulmonary veins: Slowed conduction, low voltage and altered refractoriness in AF patients. Journal of Cardiovascular Electrophysiology 2011; 22:1083-91.
20. Teh AW, Kistler PM, Lee G, Medi C, Heck PM, Spence S, Sparks PB, Morton JB, and Kalman JM. The Relationship Between Complex Fractionated Electrograms and Atrial Low Votlage Zones during Atrial Fibrillation and Paced Rhythm. Europace 2011; 13:1709-16
21. Lee G, Kalman JM, Vohra JK, Teh AW, Medi C, Ling LH and Kistler PM. Dissociated pulmonary vein potentials following antral pulmonary vein isolation for atrial fibrillation: impact on long-term outcome. Heart 2011; 97:579-84.
22. Lee G, Roberts-Thomson K, Madry A, Spence S, Teh AW, Heck PM, Kumar S, Kistler PM, Morton HB, Sanders P and Kalman JM. Relationship among complex signals, short cycle length activity, and dominant frequency in patients with long-lasting persistent AF: A high-density epicardial mapping study in humans. Heart Rhythm 2011; 8:1714-9.
23. Medi C, Kalman JM, Spence SJ, Teh AW, Lee G, Bader I, Kaye DM and Kistler PM. Atrial Electrical and Structural Changes Associated with Longstanding Hypertension in Humans: Implications for the Substrate for Atrial Fibrillation. Journal of Cardiovascular Electrophysiology 2011; 22:1317-24
24. Kumar S, Sutherland F, Teh AW, Heck PM, Lee G, Garg ML and Sparks PB. Effects of Chronic Omega-3 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acid Supplementation on Human Pulmonary Vein and Left Atrial Electrophysiology in Paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation. Am J Cardiol 2011; 108:531-5
25. Teh AW, Kalman JM, Lee G, Medi C, Heck PM, Ling LH, Kumar S, Spence SJ, Sparks PB, Morton JB and Kistler PM. Electroanatomic Remodelling of the Pulmonary Veins Associated with Age. Europace 2012;14:46-51.
26. Teh AW and Kalman JM. Chapter 29: Electrophysiologic evaluation of atrial tachycardia and atrial flutter. Electrophysiological disorders of the Heart 2nd Edition. S. Saksena and A.J. Camm et al. (Book chapter)
27. Lee G, Spence S, Teh AW, Goldblatt K. Larombina M, Atkinson V, Brown R, Morton HB, Sanders P, Kistler PM and Kalman JM. High-density epicardial mapping of the pulmonary vein-left atrial junction in humans: Insights into mechanisms of pulmonary vein arrhythmogenesis. Heart Rhythm 2012; 9:258-64
28. Teh AW, Kistler PM, Lee G, Medi C, Heck PM, Spence S, Sparks PB Morton JB and Kalman JM. Electroanatomic Remodelling of the Left Atrium in Paroxysmal and Persistent Atrial Fibrillation Patients Without Structural Heart Disease. Journal of Cardiovascular Electrophysiology 2012; 23:232-8.
29. Teh AW, Kistler PM, Lee G, Medi C, Heck PM, Spence SJ, Morton JB, Sanders P and Kalman JM. The Long-term Effects of Catheter Ablation for Lone Atrial Fibrillation. Progressive Atrial Electroanatomic Substrate Remodelling Despite Successful Ablation. Heart Rhythm 2012; 9:473-80
30. Medi C, Teh AW, Roberts-Thomson, K, Morton JB, Kistler PM, Kalman JM. Right Atrial Remodeling is more Advanced in Patients with Atrial Flutter than with Atrial Fibrillation. Journal of Cardiovascular Electrophysiology 2012; 23: 1067-72
More research publications are available upon request.View More