Dr Aaron Lin is a Cardiologist with subspecialty training in Echocardiography. He is primarily based at the Gold Coast Heart Centre at the John Flynn Medical Centre.
He has experience in performing all aspects of non-invasive diagnostic cardiology, echocardiology, 3D transesophageal echocardiography, stress testing, holter monitoring, cardiac CT angiography, and cardiac MRI.
Dr Lim completed his medical degree from the University of Otago in New Zealand and specialty training at the Auckland City Hospital (Auckland) and The Prince Charles Hospital (Brisbane). Following this, he completed an Advanced Echocardiography, Cardiac CT and Cardiac MRI Fellowship at The Prince Charles Hospital (Brisbane).
Dr Lim has completed a PhD focusing on cardiac MRI through the Griffith University in Queensland. He continues to pursue research and education activities with his involvement in over 50 peer-reviewed publications, presentations and has published two textbook chapters.
* This physician is currently not participating in the Hope For Hearts program. This profile was created using publically available information.
Procedures & Conditions
- Non-Invasive Cardiac Investigations
- Stress Echocardiography
- 3D Transoesophageal Echocardiography
- Cardiac CT Angiography
- Cardiac MRI
- General Cardiology
- Heart Rhythm Disorders
- Structural Heart Disease
- Heart Failure
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Valvular Heart Disease
Consultant Cardiologist EchocardiologistJohn Flynn Private Hospital Present
Consultant Cardiologist EchocardiologistGold Coast Heart Centre Present
Advanced Echocardiology FellowshipThe Prince Charles Hospital
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (FRACP)
Research & Publications
1. Hamilton-Craig, Christian & Lambert, Matthew & Lin, Aaron. (2019). 72-year-old woman after a left atrial appendage occluder. Heart. 105. heartjnl-2019. 10.1136/heartjnl-2019-314837.
2. Morris, N. & Lin, Aaron & Feenstra, J.F. & Trotter, M. & Seale, H.. (2019). Six Minute Walk Test and Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing Elicit the Same Physiological Response in Pulmonary Hypertension. A6906-A6906. 10.1164/ajrccm-conference.2019.199.1_MeetingAbstracts.A6906.
3. Lin, Aaron & Seale, Helen & Hamilton-Craig, Christian & Morris, Norman & Strugnell, Wendy. (2018). Quantification of biventricular strain and assessment of ventriculo–ventricular interaction in pulmonary arterial hypertension using exercise cardiac magnetic resonance imaging and myocardial feature tracking. Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging. 49. 10.1002/jmri.26517.
4. Balmain, Bryce & Seale, Helen & Harris, Julie & Hall, Kathleen & Lin, Aaron & Sabapathy, Surendran & Morris, Norman. (2018). Relating exercise-induced desaturation and gas-exchange in pulmonary artery hypertension. Respiratory Physiology & Neurobiology. 259. 10.1016/j.resp.2018.07.008.
5. Wang, Tom & Chow, Kok-Lam & Lin, Aaron & Chataline, Alexei & White, Harvey & Dawes, Matthew & Gamble, Greg & Ellis, Chris. (2018). Management of suspected acute coronary syndrome patients admitted to cardiology or non-cardiology services at Auckland City Hospital: implications for future national data collection. The New Zealand medical journal. 131. 30-39.
6. Morris, Norman & Louis, Menaka & Strugnell, Wendy & Harris, Julie & Lin, Aaron & Feenstra, John & Seale, Helen. (2018). Study protocol for a randomised controlled trial of exercise training in pulmonary hypertension (ExTra_PH). BMC Pulmonary Medicine. 18. 40. 10.1186/s12890-018-0586-8.
7. Lin, Aaron & Seale, H. & Hamilton-Craig, C. & Morris, N. & Strugnell, Wendy. (2018). Quantification of Biventricular Strain and Assessment of Ventricular Interaction in Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension Using Exercise Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Myocardial Feature Tracking. Heart, Lung and Circulation. 27. S268. 10.1016/j.hlc.2018.06.500.
8. Koitka, K. & Lau, K. & Putrino, A. & Habibian, Mohsen & Lin, Aaron & Platts, D. & Chan, J. & Walters, D. & Scalia, G.. (2018). Percutaneous Transcatheter Edwards S3 Valve-in-Valve Implantation for Severe Prosthetic Mitral Valve Regurgitation. Heart, Lung and Circulation. 27. S262. 10.1016/j.hlc.2018.06.488.
9. Lau, K. & Habibian, Mohsen & Koitka, K. & Lin, Aaron & Walters, D. & Scalia, G. & Platts, D. & Burstow, Darryl. (2018). Generating a New Fingerprint Using Mitral Valve Prosthesis Time Velocity Index Ratio Following Bioprosthetic Mitral Valve-Valve Replacement. Heart, Lung and Circulation. 27. S318. 10.1016/j.hlc.2018.06.612.
10. Lin, Aaron & Strugnell, Wendy & Seale, H. & Morris, N.. (2018). Evaluation of Outpatient Exercise Training on Biventricular Function in Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension Using Exercise Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging: A Pilot Study. Heart, Lung and Circulation. 27. S238. 10.1016/j.hlc.2018.06.440.
11. Rajapakse, S. & Lau, K. & Habibian, Mohsen & Koitka, K. & Lin, Aaron & Burstow, Darryl & Hamilton-Craig, C. & Scalia, G. & Platts, D.. (2018). Which Factors May Predict Use of Ultrasound Contrast Agents During Transthoracic Echocardiography?. Heart, Lung and Circulation. 27. S359-S360. 10.1016/j.hlc.2018.06.708.
12. Fetherston, E. & Lin, Aaron & Lau, K. & Koitka, K. & Edwards, Natalie & Scalia, G.. (2018). Four-Dimensional Echocardiographic Automated Right Ventricular Function Assessment Demonstrates Excellent Correlation with Conventional Two-Dimensional Measures. Heart, Lung and Circulation. 27. S240-S241. 10.1016/j.hlc.2018.06.445.
13. Lin, Aaron & Koitka, K. & Lau, K. & Scarlia, G. & Burstow, Darryl & Prabhu, A. & Thomson, B. & Tesar, P. & Bancroft, Jayne & Platts, D.. (2018). Longitudinal Evaluation of Inflow Cannula Orientation Following Ventricular-Assist Device Implantation Using Transoesophageal Echocardiography. Heart, Lung and Circulation. 27. S112-S113. 10.1016/j.hlc.2018.06.155.
14. Koitka, K. & Edwards, Natalie & Lau, K. & Lin, Aaron & Chan, J. & Scalia, G. & Hamilton-Craig, C.. (2018). Does Mid-Diastolic Transmitral Flow (‘L-wave’) Correlate with Raised Left Ventricular End Diastolic Pressure. Heart, Lung and Circulation. 27. S235. 10.1016/j.hlc.2018.06.432.
15. Koitka, K. & Lau, K. & Habibian, Mohsen & Lin, Aaron & Putrino, A. & Platts, D. & Chan, J. & Walters, D. & Scalia, G.. (2018). A Percutaneous Solution for Treatment of a Large, Ischaemic Ventricular Septal Defect Presenting with Cardiogenic Shock. Heart, Lung and Circulation. 27. S209-S210. 10.1016/j.hlc.2018.06.377.
16. Lin, Aaron & Ukiwe, David & El-Jack, Seif & Khan, Ali & Armstrong, Guy. (2017). Neurologic Complications in Patients Undergoing Coronary Angiography and Percutaneous Coronary Intervention–A North Shore Hospital Experience. Heart, Lung and Circulation. 26. S22. 10.1016/j.hlc.2017.05.057.
17. Wang, Tom & Chataline, Alexei & Chow, K.L. & Lin, Aaron & White, Harvey & Gamble, Greg & Ellis, Chris. (2017). Suspected ACS Patients Admitted and Discharged to Cardiology or Non-Cardiology Care in Auckland City Hospital: Insight from SNAPSHOT 2012 and Implications for Future National Data Collection. Heart, Lung and Circulation. 26. S6. 10.1016/j.hlc.2017.05.016.
18. Wang, Tom & Chataline, Alexei & Chow, K. & Lin, Aaron & White, Hermione & Gamble, G. & Ellis, C.. (2017). Suspected ACS Patients Admitted and Discharged from Cardiology or Non-Cardiology Management at Auckland City Hospital: Insights from the Comprehensive SNAPSHOT 2012 Audit and Implications for Future National Data Collection. Heart, Lung and Circulation. 26. S98. 10.1016/j.hlc.2017.06.125.
19. Lin, Aaron & Seale, H. & Trotter, A. & Morris, N. & Strugnell, Wendy. (2017). Quantitative Longitudinal Myocardial Strain Analysis at Rest and During Exercise Using Cardiac MRI Feature Tracking Identifies Subclinical Right Ventricular Dysfunction in Pulmonary Hypertension. Heart, Lung and Circulation. 26. S271. 10.1016/j.hlc.2017.06.525.
20. Roberts, Paul & Lin, Aaron & Cowan, Brett & Young, Alistair & Stewart, Ralph. (2018). Comparison of effects of losartan and metoprolol on left ventricular and aortic function at rest and during exercise in chronic aortic regurgitation. The International Journal of Cardiovascular Imaging. 34. 10.1007/s10554-017-1268-y.
21. Lin, Aaron & Strugnell, Wendy & Riley, Robyn & Schmitt, Benjamin & Zenge, Michael & Schmidt, Michaela & Morris, Norman & Hamilton-Craig, Christian. (2016). Higher resolution cine imaging with compressed sensing for accelerated clinical left ventricular evaluation: High-Res CS Cine for Clinical LV Evaluation. Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging. 45. 10.1002/jmri.25525.
22. Lin, Aaron & Strugnell, Wendy & Seale, Helen & Schmitt, Benjamin & Schmidt, Michaela & O’Rourke, Rachael & Slaughter, Richard & Kermeen, Fiona & Hamilton-Craig, Christian & Morris, Norman. (2016). Exercise cardiac MRI-derived right ventriculo-Arterial coupling ratio detects early right ventricular maladaptation in PAH. The European respiratory journal. 48. 10.1183/13993003.01145-2016.
23. Morris, Norman & Seale, Helen & Harris, Julie & Hall, Kathleen & Lin, Aaron & Kermeen, Fiona. (2016). Gas exchange responses during 6-min walk test in patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension: Gas exchange during 6MWT in PAH. Respirology. 22. 10.1111/resp.12868.
24. Lin, Aaron & Seale, H. & Trotter, A. & Strugnell, Wendy & Kermeen, F. & Hamilton-Craig, Christian & Schmitt, Benjamin & Zenge, M. & Schmidt, Michaela. (2015). Exercise training in pulmonary hypertension – a pilot study using ultra-fast cine cardiac magnetic resonance imaging. Heart, Lung and Circulation. 24. S342. 10.1016/j.hlc.2015.06.537.
25. Roberts, Paul & Cowan, Brett & Liu, Yingmin & Lin, Aaron & Nielsen, Poul & Taberner, Andrew & Stewart, Ralph & Lam, Hoi Ieng & Young, Alistair. (2015). Real-time aortic pulse wave velocity measurement during exercise stress testing. Journal of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance. 17. 10.1186/s12968-015-0191-4.
26. Lin, Aaron & Devlin, Gerry & Lee, Mildred & Kerr, A.. (2014). Performance of the GRACE scores in a New Zealand acute coronary syndrome cohort. Heart (British Cardiac Society). 100. 10.1136/heartjnl-2014-306062.
27. Lin, Aaron & Oh, Timothy & Alawami, Mohammed & Webster, Mark & El-Jack, Seif & Scott, Douglas & Stewart, Jim & Ormiston, John & Armstrong, Guy & Khan, Ali & Kay, ian patrick & Harrison, Wil & Kerr, A. & McGeorge, Alastair & Gamble, Greg & Ruygrok, Peter & Ellis, Chris. (2014). A Review of a Regional Primary Percutaneous Coronary Intervention Service, with a Focus on Door to Reperfusion Times: The 2012 Auckland/Northland Experience. Heart, Lung and Circulation. 24. 10.1016/j.hlc.2014.06.016.
28. Kerr, A. & Lin, Aaron & Lee, Mildred & Ternouth, Ian & Killion, Bridget & Devlin, Gerry. (2013). Risk stratification and timing of coronary angiography in acute coronary syndromes: Are we targeting the right patients in a timely manner? (ANZACS-QI 1). The New Zealand medical journal. 126. 69-80.
29. Lin, Aaron & Greaves, Sally & Kingston, Nicky & Milne, David & Ruygrok, Peter. (2013). Myocardial calcification after orthotopic heart transplantation. The Journal of heart and lung transplantation : the official publication of the International Society for Heart Transplantation. 33. 10.1016/j.healun.2013.10.027.
30. Alawami, Mohammed & Lin, Aaron & Oh, Timothy & Webster, Mark & Ruygrok, P. & Stewart, Jim & Omiston, J. & Gamble, G. & Ellis, Chandla. (2013). Paradoxical Increases in Proportion of Patients with Preserved Ejection Fraction with Increasing Door to Reperfusion Time: The 2012 Auckland/Northland Region Experience. Heart, Lung and Circulation. 22. 549. 10.1016/j.hlc.2013.04.007.
More research publications available upon request.View More