Dr Divina Brillante is a General Cardiologist based in New South Wales. Her special interests are in the treatment of heart failure and cardiac metabolic syndromes.
A graduate of the University of New South Wales, Divina initially completed a Bachelor of Science with Honours followed by PhD studies. She went on to complete specialty cardiology training at the Wollongong Hospital and was awarded her Fellowship of the Royal Australasian C Read More...
Procedures & Conditions
- Cardiac Ultrasound
- Stress Testing
- Holter Monitoring
- Stress Echocardiography
- Blood Pressure Monitoring
- Aortic Stenosis
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Heart Failure
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Valvular Heart Diseases
- Cardiometabolic Syndromes
Consultant Cardiologist; Staff SpecialistShellharbour Public Hospital Present
Consultant CardiologistIllawarra Heart Centre (Shellharbour and Wollongong) 2011 - Present
Conjoint Senior LecturerThe University of Wollongong Present
Research & Publications
1. Brillante, D. & O’Sullivan, Anthony & Brillante, R. & Howes, Laurence. (2010). Effects of Cardiovascular AT1 Receptor and AT2 Receptor Blockade on Angiotensin II Responses in Patients with Insulin Resistance Syndrome. Heart Lung and Circulation – HEART LUNG CIRC. 19. 10.1016/j.hlc.2010.06.693.
2. Brillante, D & O’Sullivan, Anthony & Johnstone, M & Howes, Laurence. (2009). Predictors of inotropic and chronotropic effects of N G- monomethyl-L-arginine. European journal of clinical investigation. 39. 273-9. 10.1111/j.1365-2362.2009.02097.x.
3. Brillante, Divina & O’Sullivan, Anthony & Howes, Laurence. (2009). Arterial stiffness in insulin resistance: The role of nitric oxide and angiotensin II receptors. Vascular health and risk management. 5. 73-8.
4. Howes, Laurence & Brillante, Divina. (2008). Expert opinion on Tilarginine in the treatment of shock. Expert opinion on investigational drugs. 17. 1573-80. 10.1517/135437126.96.36.1993.
5. Brillante, D & O’Sullivan, Anthony & Johnstone, M & Howes, Laurence. (2008). Evidence for functional expression of vascular angiotensin II type 2 receptors in patients with insulin resistance. Diabetes, obesity & metabolism. 10. 143-50. 10.1111/j.1463-1326.2006.00678.x.
6. Brillante, Divina & O’Sullivan, Anthony & Howes, Laurence. (2008). Arterial stiffness indices in healthy volunteers using non‐invasive digital photoplethysmography. Blood pressure. 17. 116-23. 10.1080/08037050802059225.
7. Brillante, Divina & O’Sullivan, Anthony & Johnstone, Martina & Howes, Laurence. (2008). Arterial stiffness and haemodynamic response to vasoactive medication in subjects with insulin-resistance syndrome. Clinical science (London, England : 1979). 114. 139-47. 10.1042/CS20070132.
8. Brillante, Divina & Johnstone, Martina & Howes, Laurence. (2005). Effects of Intravenous PD 123319 on Haemodynamic and Arterial Stiffness Indices in Healthy Volunteers. Journal of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system : JRAAS. 6. 102-6. 10.3317/jraas.2005.007.
9. Howes, J & Tran, D & Brillante, D & Howes, Laurence. (2003). Effects of dietary supplementation with isoflavones from red clover on ambulatory blood pressure and endothelial function in postmenopausal type 2 diabetes. Diabetes, obesity & metabolism. 5. 325-32. 10.1046/j.1463-1326.2003.00282.x.View More