Mr Shoane Ip is a Cardiothoracic Surgeon located in Victoria. He currently consults in private practice at Melbourne Cardiothoracic Surgeons and visits Austin Hospital and Knox Private Hospital.
After completing his Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery degrees, Shoane completed his basic surgical training followed by subspecialty training in cardiothoracic surgery. He has trained at a number of hospitals including Austin Hospital, Heidelberg, Victoria.
He is a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS).
* This physician is currently not participating in the Hope For Hearts program. This profile was created using publically available information.
Procedures & Conditions
- Cardiac Surgery
- Thoracic Surgery for Lung Cancer
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
- Surgical Aortic Valve Replacement (SAVR)
- Aortic Valve and Root Replacement
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Valvular Heart Disease
- Lung Cancer
- Aortic Valve Disease
- Aortic Stenosis
Consultant Cardiothoracic SurgeonMelbourne Cardiothoracic Surgeons Present
Consultant Cardiothoracic SurgeonAustin Hospital Present
Consultant Cardiothoracic SurgeonKnox Private Hospital Present
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS)
Research & Publications
1. Marney, L. & Ip, Shoane & Iyer, A. & Yadav, S.. (2013). Beating Heart Aortic Valve Replacement in the Presence of Patent Internal Thoracic Artery Grafts. Heart, Lung and Circulation. 22. 475–476. 10.1016/j.hlc.2013.03.046.
2. Ip, Shoane & Marney, Lucy & Iyer, Anand & Yadav, Sumit. (2013). Short Term Results of the ATS 3F Stentless Valve for Aortic Valve and Root Replacement. Heart, Lung and Circulation. 22. 472. 10.1016/j.hlc.2013.03.039.
3. Ip, Shoane & Teh, Bing & Yap, Zeng & Gooi, Julian & Knight, Simon & Seevanayagam, Siven. (2011). Pulmonary Lobectomy for NSCLC in Octogenarians. Heart Lung and Circulation – HEART LUNG CIRC. 20. 51-52. 10.1016/j.hlc.2010.10.038.
4. Ip, Shoane & Gooi, Julian & Knight, Simon & Seevanayagam, Siven. (2011). Accuracy in Staging Lung Cancer using Ebus Transbronchial Needle Aspiration. Heart Lung and Circulation – HEART LUNG CIRC. 20. 51-51. 10.1016/j.hlc.2010.10.037.
5. Seixas, S. & Brotchie, Peter & Ip, Shoane & Jackson, Graeme. (2009). Localization of the Cognitive Spatial Map for Navigation in Humans. Neuroimage. 47. 10.1016/S1053-8119(09)72049-X.View More