Mr Jayapadman “Jay” Bhaskar is a Cardiothoracic Surgeon who consults at Austin Health. He has completed a Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery and obtained a Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in Edinburgh, and Fellowship of the Royal Australiasian College of Surgeons in Australia.
Mr Bhaskar performs a wide variety of cardiothoracic procedures, treating patients with coronary artery disease, valvular heart disease, heart failure and thoracic conditions.
He has contributed his experience and knowledge to research publications on a variety of subjects including aortotomy closures, the clamp-and-sew technique, and off-pump coronary artery revascularization.
Procedures & Conditions
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery
- Complex Valve Repair Procedures
- Off Pump Coronary Artery Revascularization
- Off Pump Bypass Surgery
- Aortic Valve Repair and Replacements
- Clamp-and-Sew Technique
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Valvular Heart Disease
- Lung Cancer
- Heart Failure
- Aortic Valve Disease
Consultant Cardiothoracic SurgeonAustin Hospital Present
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS)
Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (Edinburgh)
Research & Publications
1. Bhaskar, Jayapadman & Foo, Jonathan & Sharma, Ashok. (2010). Clamp-and-Sew Technique for Traumatic Injuries of the Aorta: 20-Year Experience. Asian cardiovascular & thoracic annals. 18. 161-5. 10.1177/0218492310361973.
2. Bhaskar, Jayapadman & Sharma, Ashok. (2007). Off Pump coronary artery revascularization via left thoracotomy —Early results. Indian Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery. 23. 236-239. 10.1007/s12055-007-0048-z.
3. Bhaskar, Jayapadman & Sharma, Ashok. (2007). Simple and Secure Aortotomy Closure. Asian cardiovascular & thoracic annals. 15. 162-3. 10.1177/021849230701500218.
4. Bhaskar, Jayapadman & Sharma, Ashok. (2007). Novel Technique for Proximal Anastomosis of Vein Graft to Right Coronary Artery. Asian cardiovascular & thoracic annals. 15. 74-5. 10.1177/021849230701500118.
5. Bhaskar, Jayapadman & Sharma, Ashok. (2006). Spontaneous hemopneumothorax as a result of venous hemangioma: A unique case?. Texas Heart Institute journal / from the Texas Heart Institute of St. Luke’s Episcopal Hospital, Texas Children’s Hospital. 33. 91-2.View More