Dr Yew-Mun Cheong is an Interventional and General Cardiologist located in Melbourne, Victoria. He has a special interest in coronary angiography and angioplasty, balloon angioplasty, echocardiography, and the management of heart failure and arrhythmias.
He is a visiting Consultant at Box Hill Hospital, Knox Private Hospital, Warringal Private Hospital, and Epworth Eastern hospitals, and in private practice at Eastern Heart Victoria and Manningham Specialist Centre.
Dr Yew-Mun completed his Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery from the University of Melbourne. He is a Fellow of the University of Melbourne, Australiasian College of Physicians and the Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand.
A keen educator, Dr Cheong contributes his knowledge to educating training registrars at Box Hill Hospital where he is also a visiting consultant.
* This physician is currently not participating in the Hope For Hearts program. This profile was created using publically available information.
Procedures & Conditions
- Balloon Aortic Valvuloplasty
- Cardiac Catheterisation
- Coronary Angiograms
- Coronary Angioplasty
- Holter Monitoring
- Intravascular Ultrasound Imaging
- Percutaneous Aortic Valve Procedures
- Percutaneous Coronary Interventions (PCI)
- Percutaneous Structural Heart Interventions
- Acute Coronary Syndrome
- Adult Congenital Heart Defect/Disease
- Aortic Valve Disease
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Coronary Artery Disease
- General Cardiology
- Heart Failure
- Mitral Regurgitation
- Structural Heart Disease
- Valvular Heart Disease
Consultant Interventional and General CardiologistBox Hill Hospital, Epworth Eastern, Knox Private Hospital, and Warringal Private Hospital Present
Consultant Interventional and General CardiologistEastern Heart Victoria Present
Consultant Interventional and General CardiologistManningham Specialist Clinic Present
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (FRACP)
Fellow of the Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand (FCSANZ)
Member of the Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand (CSANZ)
Member of the Australian Medical Association (AMA)
Research & Publications
1. Yudi, Matias & Farouque, Omar & Brennan, Angela & Murphy, Alexandra & Reid, Christopher & Sebastian, Martin & Clark, David & Chand, Vibhasha & Ajani, Andrew & Duffy, Stephen & Clark, David. (2020). Prognostic Significance of Suboptimal Secondary Prevention Pharmacotherapy After Acute Coronary Syndromes. Internal Medicine Journal. 51. 10.1111/imj.14750.
2. Warren, Josephine & Nanayakkara, Shane & Andrianopoulos, Nick & Brennan, Angela & Dinh, Diem & Yudi, Matias & Clark, D.J. & Ajani, Andrew & Reid, Christopher & Selkrig, Laura & Shaw, James & Hiew, Chin & Freeman, Melanie & Kaye, David & Kingwell, Bronwyn & Dart, Anthony & Reid, C. & Ajani, Andrew & Investigators, Melbourne. (2019). Impact of Pre-Procedural Blood Pressure on Long-Term Outcomes Following Percutaneous Coronary Intervention. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 73. 2846-2855. 10.1016/j.jacc.2019.03.493.
3. Tong, David & Roberts, L. & Beale, J. & Jangwal, H. & Baradi, Arul & Jackson, D. & Naidu, P. & Rowe, M. & Cheong, Y. & Proimos, G. & Fernando, Danielle & Goods, C. & New, G.. (2013). Trends in PCI Over the Last Decade at Box Hill Hospital (BHH). Heart, Lung and Circulation. 22. S160. 10.1016/j.hlc.2013.05.383.
4. Shields, C. & Roberts, L. & Munnar, K. & Jangwal, H. & Tong, David & Beale, J. & Phan, M. & Burton, A. & Collins, B. & Scully, C. & Rowe, M. & Cheong, Y. & Proimos, G. & Fernando, Danielle & Goods, C. & New, G.. (2012). A Decade of PCI Experience with Off-site Surgical Back-up at Box Hill Hospital: What Have We Learnt?. Heart, Lung and Circulation. 21. S144. 10.1016/j.hlc.2012.05.363.
5. Munnur, K. & Roberts, L. & Shields, C. & Jangwel, H. & Tong, David & Beale, J. & Phan, M. & Burton, A. & Collins, B. & Scully, C. & Rowe, M. & Proimos, G. & Cheong, Y. & Fernando, Danielle & Goods, C. & New, G.. (2012). A Decade of Primary PCI: Has Field Triage Improved Door to Balloon Time (D2BT) and Outcomes?. Heart, Lung and Circulation. 21. S144. 10.1016/j.hlc.2012.05.364.
6. Munnur, K. & Roberts, L. & Shields, C. & Jangwel, H. & Tong, David & Kerr, G. & Pandelli, V. & Cooke, Jennifer & Cheong, Y. & Chou, B. & Hamer, A. & Goods, C. & Gordon, Gary & Low, R. & Proimos, G. & Rowe, M. & Stevenson, Irene & New, G.. (2012). Is Remote Telemetry Monitoring of Non-Cardiology Patients Worthwhile?. Heart, Lung and Circulation. 21. S254-S255. 10.1016/j.hlc.2012.05.624.
7. Coller, Jennifer & Sapontis, J. & Ching-Liew, Sue-Ling & Roberts, Louise & Rowe, Michael & Cheong, Yew & Proimos, George & Fernando, Danielle & Goods, Christopher & Walsh, Maie & Tokhi, Miriam & New, Gishel. (2008). Safety and Efficacy of Elective and Emergent Percutaneous Intervention with Off-Site Surgical Services. Heart Lung and Circulation – HEART LUNG CIRC. 17. 10.1016/j.hlc.2008.05.428.
8. Coller, Jennifer & Ching-Liew, Sue-Ling & Sapontis, J. & Roberts, Louise & Rowe, Michael & Cheong, Yew & Proimos, George & Goods, Christopher & Walsh, Maie & Tokhi, Miriam & Low, Nicholas & New, Gishel. (2008). Clinical Outcomes of In-house and Transferred Patients After Primary PCI at a Tertiary Centre with Off-Site Surgical Back-Up. Heart Lung and Circulation – HEART LUNG CIRC. 17. 10.1016/j.hlc.2008.05.429.
9. CHEONG, YEW‐MUN & Hamer, A. & Johns, J. (1997). Mitral-aortic intervalvular fibrosa pseudoaneurysm complicating aortic valve endocarditis. Australian and New Zealand journal of medicine. 27. 193-4. 10.1111/j.1445-5994.1997.tb00946.x.View More