Dr Sharad Shetty is an Interventional Cardiologist based in Western Australia. He is a Consultant Cardiologist and Director of Cardiology training at Fiona Stanley Hospital and a consultant Cardiologist at Hollywood Private Hospital.
He completed his Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery before completing Interventional Cardiology training at the Royal Perth and Royal Melbourne Hospitals. Following this, he obtained a Fellowship in Vascular and Cardiac Interventional at the Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School in Boston, USA.
Dr Shetty has over 15 years of experience in Interventional Cardiology. He was part of the team that performed the very first Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation (TAVI) procedure in Western Australia in 2009 and has been involved with the procedure over the past decade. He also performed the first Renal denervation (RDN) in procedure in Western Australia and subsequently trained and proctored a number of other cardiologists in Australia and internationally in this procedure. He was also the first to perform the TIVUS Ultrasound based RDN in the world.
He has a strong interest in research around emerging technologies and regularly speaks at domestic and international conferences and events. He is also the WA representative of the Interventional cardiology representative of the Cardiac Society of Australia and NZ.
Please contact Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Procedures & Conditions
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation (TAVI)
- Coronary Intervention
- PFO Closure
- Renal Denervation
- Aortic Stenosis
- Coronary Artery Disease
Director of Cardiology Training, Consultant CardiologistFiona Stanley Hospital Present
Consultant CardiologistPerth Cardiovascular Institute Present
Consultant CardiologistHollywood Private Hospital Present
Interventional Cardiology FellowshipHarvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, USA 2005 - 2006
Memberships & Awards
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- Fellow of the Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Organising Committee for ANZET (Australia New Zealand Endovascular Therapies) Meeting
- Co-course director for the Essentials Percutaneous Interventions Course (EPIC) for training of Interventional Cardiologists
- WA Representative of the Interventional Council of the Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Gold Medallist in General Medicine as well as Cardiology University exit exams (Mumbai University)