Ross Roberts-Thomson is a Structural Interventional Cardiologist at the Royal Adelaide Hospital. After completing his medical education at the University of Adelaide, he subsequently completed his junior doctor, cardiology registrar training, as well as both structural and coronary interventional training at the Royal Adelaide Hospital.
Dr Roberts-Thomson received first class honours for his Honours degree in Bachelor of Medical Science and is currently in his final year of his PhD on “Optimisation of Surgical Timing in Rheumatic Mitral Valve Disease”.
He was formerly the President of the Australian Medical Students Association and Co-Chair of Future Health Leaders. He currently lectures regularly at the University of Adelaide and the Royal Adelaide Hospital. He was the Australasian Junior Doctor of the Year in 2011 and in 2017 he was named the RACP Trainee of the Year.
1. Stokes MB, Roberts-Thomson RL. The role of cardiac imaging in clinical practice. Aust Prescr, 2017; 40:151-5.
2. Nelson AJ, Montarello NJ, Roberts-Thomson RL, Mentarello N, Delacroix S, Chokka RG, Sidharta SL, Thomas T, Worthley SG. Fungal Obstruction of Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement Valve. Circulation Interventions. 2016 Aug 1; 9(8): e004117.
3. Majeed K, Lucking AJ, Roberts-Thomson RL, Nelson AJ, Montarello JK, Worthley Sg. Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement: A solution for the young, inoperable and regurgitant. Heart, Lung and Circulation. May 2016.
4. Wong GB, Roberts-Thomson RL, Parvar SL, Nelson AJ. Large apical thrombus due to Takotsubo cardiomyopathy. BMJ case reports. 2016 Feb 15; 2016: bcr2016214503.
5. Nelson AJ, Wong GB, Roberts-Thomson RL and Parvar SL. 2016. Massive pulmonary embolism with acute cor pulmonale. Postgraduate Medical Journal, pp. postgradmedj-2016.
6. Geoffrey R. Wong; Ross L. Roberts-Thomson; Adam J Nelson. Defibrillator lead endocarditis. European Heart Journal – Cardiovascular Imaging 2015; doi: 10. 1093/ehjici/jev232.
7. Mitchell R, Milford WJ, Bonning M, Markwell A, Roberts-Thomson R. Unaccredited Registrars in Australian Public Hospitals: Time for a Rethink? Australian Health Review 2013; 27 (4) 409-411.
8. Ross L Roberts-Thomson, Sam J Kirchner, Christopher X J Wong, MD: The New MBBS? MJA 2010; 193: 660-661.
9. Christopher X J Wong, Samual J Whitehouse, Thomas D Crowhurst, Ross L Roberts-Thomson [Letter] Restricted career paths for overseas students graduating from Australian medical schools: legal and policy considerations. MJA 2010; 193 (4): 245-246.
10. Roberts-Thomson RL. An evidence-based approach to representation. AMSJ 2010; 1 (1): 8
11. Willoughby SR, Roberts-Thomson RL, Lim HS, Schultz C, Prabhu A, De Sciscio P, Wong CX, Worthley MI, Sanders P. Atrial Platelet Reactivity in Patients with Atrial Fibrillation. Heart Rhythm 2010; 7 (9): 1178-83
12. Christopher X J Wong, Ross L Roberts-Thomson. [Letter] Does practice make perfect? The effect of coaching and retesting on selection tests used for admission to an Australian medical school. MJA 2009; 190 (2): 101-102.
13. Stiles, Martin; Brooks, Anthony; Kuklik, Pawel; John, Bobby; Fimitri, Hany; Lau, Denis; Wilson, Lauren; Dhar, Shashi; Roberts-Thomson, Ross; Mackenzie, Lorraine; Young, Glenn; Sanders, Prashanthan. High Density Mapping of Atrial Fibrillation in Humans: Relationship Between High Frequency Activation and Electrogram Fractionation. The Journal of Cardiovascular Electrophysiology 2008; 19 (12): 1245-1253.
More publications available upon request.View More