Dr Samuel Mark Herman (MB ChB, FRACP, FCSANZ, DDU) is currently a Consultant Cardiologist & Director at Burwood Cardiology and Staff Specialist & Deputy Director of Heart Failure at the Concord Repatriation General Hospital. He is also the Honorary Cardiologist at the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital and visiting Cardiologist at the Sydney Private Hospital & Strathpine Private Hospital.
Dr Heman received honours in his Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery at the University of Cape Town in South Africa. He went onto Intern with the Groote Schuur Hospital in Cape Town and later became the Senior Medical Officer in Cardiology at the hospital.
Dr Herman joined the South African Defence Force (SADF) with roles as a 1st and 2nd Lieutenant before finishing with the SADF as a Captain.
He moved to Australia and began his medical residency at the Launceston General Hospital before starting as a Registrar in Emergency Medicine. Afterwards, he moved to the Royal North Shore Hospital to complete his SRMO in Internal Medicine and later his Registrar in Internal Medicine.
Dr Herman completed his medical training at the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital including his Registrar in Cardiology and Cardiothoracic Surgery. Outside of his studies, he has completed his Comcare Assessor training, WorkCover NSW training, and CTP NSW training in Evaluation of Permanent Impairment (Cardiovascular).
1. Androgen Deprivation is associated with improved endothelial functions in adult man. S M Herman, M R Adams, J Robinson, R McCredie, M J Boyer, D Celermajer
– Arthersclerosis Thrombosis and Vascular Biology
– Circulation, November 1996, AHA Abstracts
2. Limitations of ECG diagnosis in Long QT Syndrome. J French, S M Herman, M McGuire, B Bailey ANZ J Med (Ab)
3. Transmyocardial Laser Revascularisation: The First Year. S M Herman, C F Hughes, M Bayfield, P J Harris, R W Jeremy
– ANZ J Med Vol 29 No 1 Feb. 1999 (Ab)