Dr Manuja Premaratne is a Cardiologist located in Victoria. He consults at the Peninsula Private Hospital and Peninsula Health (Frankston Hospital) where he is also the Head of Cardiac Imaging, as well as in private practice at One Heart Cardiology.
Manuja completed a Fellowship in Echocardiography at the Prince of Wales Hosptial, followed by a second Fellowship in Advanced Cardiac Imaging at the renowned University of Ottawa Heart Institute in Canada, where he trained for two years in Cardiac CT, MRI and Nuclear Cardiology.
His training and expertise led him to be one of 10 Australians granted the United States’ board certification in Cardiac CT and was invited to address the Congress on his research into Appropriate Use Criteria in Cardiac Imaging. During this time he received numerous awards including from the American College of Cardiology and American Society of Nuclear Cardiology. He was recognised as one of the 10 top researchers for cardiac imaging in the USA and Canada.
Dr Premaratne is a member of and international liaison for the scientific meeting planning committee for The Society of Cardiac CT. He is also an Adjunct Professor at Monash University and Local Examiner for the Royal Australasian College of Physicians.
Procedures & Conditions
- General Cardiology
- Cardiac CT
- Cardiac MRI
- Cardiac PET
- Nuclear Cardiology
- Transthoracic Echocardiography
- Transesophageal Echocardiography
- Contrast Echocardiography
- Dobutamine Echocardiography
- Stress Echocardiography
- Coronary Plaque
- Infective Endocarditis
Consultant CardiologistPeninsula Private Hospital Present
Head of Imaging and CardiologistPeninsula Health (Frankston Hospital) Present
Consultant CardiologistOne Heart Cardiology Present
Adjunct LecturerMonash University Present
Local ExaminerRoyal Australasian College of Physicians Present
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (FRACP)
Fellow of the Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand (CSANZ)
Member and International Liaison of The Society of Cardiac CT
Annual Scientific Meeting Committee Member for Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography
Impact of Cardiology Consultation on the Management of Atrial Fibrillation in Peninsula Health Patients
Population Health and Integrated Care Research Prize
Research & Publications
1. Appropriate Use Criteria for Cardiac Computed Tomography: Does Computed Tomography Have Incremental Value in All Appropriate Use Criteria Categories? Erthal, F., Premaratne, M., Yam, Y., Chen, L., Lamba, J., Keenan, M., Haddad, T., Pharasi, K., Anand, S., Beanlands, R. S., Burwash, I. G., Dwivedi, G., Ruddy, T. D. & Chow, B. J. W., 1 Jan 2018, In : Journal of Thoracic Imaging. 33, 2, p. 132-137 6 p.
2. Single CT for attenuation correction of rest/stress cardiac SPECT perfusion imaging. Wells, R. G., Trottier, M., Premaratne, M., Vanderwerf, K. & Ruddy, T. D., 1 Apr 2018, In: Journal of Nuclear Cardiology. 25, 2, p. 616-624 9 p.
3. Appropriate Use Criteria for Cardiac Computed Tomography: Impact on Diagnostic Utility. Bami, K., Premaratne, M., Lamba, J., Yam, Y., Hossain, A., Keenan, M., Haddad, T., Anand, S., Burwash, I. G., Ruddy, T. D., Dwivedi, G. & Chow, B. J. W., 1 Sep 2017, In : Journal of Computer Assisted Tomography. 41, 5, p. 746-749 4 p.
4. Canceled coronary computed tomography angiography: Downstream testing and outcomes. Premaratne, M., Mason, M., Hossain, A., Haddad, T., Chow, J. D. H., Yam, Y. & Chow, B. J. W., 15 Jan 2017, In : International Journal of Cardiology. 227, p. 457-461 5 p.
5. Using coronary calcification to exclude an ischemic etiology for cardiomyopathy: A validation study and systematic review. Premaratne, M., Shamsaei, M., Chow, J. D. H., Haddad, T., Erthal, F., Curran, H., Yam, Y., Szczotka, A., Mielniczuk, L., Wells, G. A., Beanlands, R. S., Hossain, A., Chow, B. J. W. & On behalf of the IMAGE-HF investigators, 1 Mar 2017, In : International Journal of Cardiology. 230, p. 518-522 5 p.View More