Dr Jim Dimitriou (MBBS, FRACS) is an Australian trained Cardiothoracic Surgeon. Jim trained at the Austin Hospital, Alfred Hospital, St Vincent’s Hospital, and Royal Melbourne Hospital. He then completed a 12-month intensive fellowship in complex aortic surgery, mitral valve repair and heart failure surgery at Toronto General Hospital under the supervision of Professor Tirone David.
1. Commons R, Dimitriou J, Campbell I. Acalculous cholecystitis caused by Salmonella virchow. ANZ J Surg 2008; 78(6): 514
2. Chaudhuri K, Bhaskar J, Dimitriou J, Chan J, Rosenfeld, Marasco S. Salvage Thoracotomy Seems Futile in Patients with Thoracic trauma Who Present with Deep Coma and Fixed Dilated Pupil. HLC 2011;20(4): 250-284
3. Goh C, McLellan A, Prior D, Newcomb, Dimitriou J, Rosalion A, Nixon I, Yii M. A Mid-Term Follow-Up of Surgical Ventricular Restoration Patients From the STICH Era. HLC2011; 20(12); 787-788
4. Goh C, McLellan A, Prior D, Newcomb A, Dimitriou J, Rosalion A, Nixon I, Yii M. Surgical Ventricular Restoration Procedure: A Single Centre Comparison of STICH VS Non-STICH Patients. Ann Thorac Surg 2013; 95 (2): 506 – 512
5. Saxena A, Dinh D, Dimitriou J, Reid C, Smith J, Shardey G, Newcomb A. Preoperative atrial fibrillation is an independent risk factor for mid-term mortality after concomitant aortic valve replacement and coronary artery bypass graft surgery. ICVTS 2013; 16(4): 488-494
6. Burrato E, Dimitriou J, Newcomb A, Rosalion A, Nixon I, Yii M, Conaglen P. Predicting adverse outcomes in elective coronary artery bypass graft surgery using pre-operative troponin I levels. Heart Lung Circ 2014; 23 (8): 711-716
7. Clay TD, Dimitriou J, McNally OM, Russell PA, Newcomb AE, Wilson AM. Intravenous leiomyomatosis with intracardiac extension – A review of diagnosis and management with an illustrative case. Surg Oncol 2013; 22 (3): e44-52View More