Dr Graham Meredith is a Cardiothoracic Surgeon located in Western Sydney. He is a visiting medical officer at Westmead Public, Westmead Private, Blacktown Hospital and Norwest Private Hospital.
Dr Meredith has a special interest in adult general cardiac surgery, thoracic surgery, total arterial revascularisation, minimal access techniques, TAVI, defibrillation and pacing insertion, and video-assisted thoracic surgery (VATS).
Dr Meredith completed his medical studies at the University of New South Wales followed by his basic surgical training, and specialty cardiothoracic training at various hospitals in Melbourne and Sydney.
In 2015, he commenced a clinical fellowship in cardiothoracic surgery at the University of Ottawa Heart Institute in Ottawa, Canada, focusing on minimal access cardiac surgery for both coronary revascularisation and valve repair/replacement. Additionally, he also completed training in transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI).
Dr Meredith has research interests in coronary revascularisation and thoracic oncology. He has contributed his knowledge and experience to journal articles and invited presentations.
Procedures & Conditions
- Adult General Cardiac Surgery
- Thoracic Surgery
- Total Arterial Revascularisation
- Minimal Access Coronary and Valve Surgery
- Minimal Access Lung Resection
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation (TAVI)
- Pacemaker and Defibrillator Insertions
- Video Assisted Thoracic Surgery (VATS)
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Valvular Heart Disease
- Aortic Stenosis
- Lung Cancer
VMO Cardiothoracic SurgeonWestmead Public and Private Hospital 2016 - Present
VMO Cardiothoracic SurgeonBlacktown Hospital 2016 - Present
VMO Cardiothoracic SurgeonNorwest Private Hospital 2016 - Present
VMO Cardiothoracic SurgeonSydney Adventist Hospital 2016 - Present
Clinical Fellow in Cardiothoracic SurgeryUniversity of Ottawa Heart Institute 2015 - 2016
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS)
Research & Publications
1. A rare case of right pulmonary segmental artery dissection following pacemaker insertion. Zhong W, Meredith G. BMJ Case Rep, Feb 2018. DOI: 10.1136/bcr-2017-223541
2. Invited Commentary: Impact of Total Arterial Reconstruction on Long-Term Mortality and Morbidity: Off-Pump Total Arterial Reconstruction Versus Non-Total Arterial Reconstruction. Meredith G, Glineur D, Ruel M. Ann Thorac Surg, Dec 2015. DOI: 10.1016/j.athoracsur.2015.06.023
3. Fatty infiltration of an aortic valve. Meredith G, Ramponi F, Scurry JP, Singh T. Ann Thorac Surg, Aug 2013. DOI: 10.1016/j.athoracsur.2012.12.061
4. Operative management of flail chest with anatomical locking plates (MatrixRib). Ramponi F, Meredith GT, Bendinelli C, Söderlund T. ANZ J Surg, Sep 2012. DOI: 10.1111/j.1445-2197.2012.06159.x
5. Glucagon-like peptide-1 enhances the production of insulin in insulin-producing cells derived from mouse embryonic stem cells. Journal of Endocrinology (2005) 186, 343-352.View More
- Poster Presentation: Glucagon-like peptide-1 promotes differentiation of insulin-producing cells from mouse embryonic stem cells. International Society of Stem Cell Research. 11/06/2004, Boston, MA, USA.