Dr Dinesh Natarajan is an Interventional Cardiologist with a special interest in minimally invasive therapy, percutaneous coronary intervention, and the management of ischaemic heart disease, valvular heart disease and heart failure.
He currently consults at Knox Private Hospital and has public appointments at Eastern Health and Ballarat Health Services. He is also in private practice at Maroondah Specialist Group in Ringwood East.
Dinesh completed his medical degree at the University of Melbourne and specialty cardiology training at the Austin Hospital, Western and Eastern Health. He was later appointed the Yean L. Lim Training Fellowship in Interventional Cardiology with Western Health, where he obtained extensive experience in percutaneous coronary interventions. Following this, Dr Natarajan completed a further Interventional Fellowship at the renowned St Thomas’ Hospital in London, UK.
Dr Natarajan has contributed his knowledge and experience to publications and invited presentations nationally and internationally. He also has an active role in educating medical students and registrars.
* This physician is currently not participating in the Hope For Hearts program. This profile was created using publically available information.
Procedures & Conditions
- General Cardiology
- Advanced Coronary Assessment
- Cardiac Catheterisation
- Coronary Angiograms
- Coronary Angioplasty
- Percutaneous Aortic Valve Procedures
- Percutaneous Coronary Interventions (PCI)
- Percutaneous Structural Heart Interventions
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation (TAVI)
- Aortic Stenosis
- Acute Coronary Syndrome
- Aortic Valve Disease
- Coronary Artery Disease
- General Cardiology
- Ischaemic Heart Disease
- Heart Failure
- Structural Heart Disease
- Valvular Heart Disease
- Infective Endocarditis
Consultant General and Interventional CardiologistKnox Private Hospital Present
Consultant General and Interventional CardiologistEastern Health Present
Consultant General and Interventional CardiologistBallarat Health Services Present
Consultant General and Interventional CardiologistMaroondah Specialist Group Present
Interventional Cardiology FellowshipSt Thomas' Hospital, London, UK
Yean L. Lim Interventional FellowshipWestern Health, Victoria, AUS
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (FRACP)
Research & Publications
1. Natarajan, Dinesh & Joseph, Jubin & Denti, Paolo & Redwood, Simon & Prendergast, Bernard. (2017). The big parade: Emerging percutaneous mitral and tricuspid valve devices. EuroIntervention. 13. AA51-AA59. 10.4244/EIJ-D-17-00571.
2. Natarajan, Dinesh & Prendergast, B. (2017). Aortic stenosis – pathogenesis, prediction of progression, and percutaneous intervention. Journal of the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh. 47. 172-175. 10.4997/JRCPE.2017.217.
3. Natarajan, Dinesh & Makkar, Raj & MacCarthy, Philip & Eltchaninoff, Hélène & Sondergaard, Lars & Prendergast, Bernard. (2016). Will PARTNER change my practice? Placement of Aortic Transcatheter Valves (PARTNER) 2 Cohort A trial – transcatheter or surgical aortic-valve replacement in intermediate-risk patients. EuroIntervention. 12. 805-808. 10.4244/EIJV12I6A131.
4. Shah, Nadim & Natarajan, Dinesh & Rafiudeen, Rifly & Ko, Soe & Taeed, Anis & Soon, K. & Cox, Nicholas. (2014). PT208 Bivalirudin versus Heparin alone in Primary PCI for ST-segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction. Global Heart. 9. e208. 10.1016/j.gheart.2014.03.1976.
5. Natarajan, Dinesh & Wang, Christopher & Shah, Nadim & Taeed, Anis & Ko, Soe & Rafiudeen, Rifly & Chan, Peter & Cox, Nicholas & Soon, K.. (2014). PM181 DoeS ACC lesion class pRedict outcomE in STEMI? (SCORE-STEMI). Global Heart. 9. e99. 10.1016/j.gheart.2014.03.1568.
6. Natarajan, Dinesh & Ko, Soe & Rafiudeen, Rifly & Chan, Peter & Taeed, Anis & Shah, Nadim & Rametta, Salvatore & Cox, Nicholas & Soon, K.. (2014). PT203 Thrombus Aspiration in ST-Elevation myocardial inFarction – is it fUtiLe? (TASTEFUL?). Global Heart. 9. e207. 10.1016/j.gheart.2014.03.1972.
7. Natarajan, Dinesh & Taeed, Anis & Shah, Nadim & Rafiudeen, Rifly & Ko, Soe & Oppermann, Anne & Chan, Peter & Cox, Nicholas & Soon, K.. (2014). PT149 Antiplatelet agentS in STEMI: a Comparison of TicagrelOr, Prasugrel aNd ClopiDogrel (SECOND). Global Heart. 9. e195. 10.1016/j.gheart.2014.03.1925.
8. Lee, V. & Natarajan, Dinesh & Cowie, K. & Sawant, S. & Wong, C.. (2013). Feasibility and Role of FOcused Cardiac Ultrasound Service (FOCUS) in the Coronary Care Unit: A Single Centre’s Preliminary Results. Heart, Lung and Circulation. 22. S214. 10.1016/j.hlc.2013.05.510.
9. Natarajan, Dinesh & Rafiudeen, R. & Oppermann, A. & Chan, Peter & Shah, Nadim & Cox, N. & Soon, K.. (2013). Radial vs. Femoral Approaches for STEMI: A Single Centre’s Preliminary Results. Heart, Lung and Circulation. 22. S151-S152. 10.1016/j.hlc.2013.05.361.
10. Natarajan, Dinesh & Chan, Peter & Qazi, Umbreen & Rafiudeen, R. & Adel, A. & Cox, N. & Soon, K.. (2013). In-Hours vs. After-Hours St-elevation Myocardial Infarction Outcomes (ISNOOS). Heart, Lung and Circulation. 22. S139-S140. 10.1016/j.hlc.2013.05.332.
11. Natarajan, Dinesh & Flannery, D. & Chan, Peter & Ye, J. & Taeed, A. & Wong, C.. (2013). IMaging and Clinical Predictors in Appropriate shoCk Therapy (IMPACT). Heart, Lung and Circulation. 22. S181-S182. 10.1016/j.hlc.2013.05.433.
12. Cheng, Victoria & Oppermen, Anne & Natarajan, Dinesh & Haikerwal, Deepak & Pereira, Jeremy. (2013). Spontaneous Omental Bleeding in the Setting of Dual Anti-platelet Therapy with Ticagrelor. Heart, Lung and Circulation. 23. 10.1016/j.hlc.2013.11.002.
13. Adel, A. & Venkatesan, S. & Taeed, A. & Natarajan, Dinesh & Soon, K. & Cox, N. & Wong, C.. (2012). Appropriateness Use Criteria of Transthoracic Echocardiography in a Tertiary Referral Centre. Heart, Lung and Circulation. 21. S185-S186. 10.1016/j.hlc.2012.05.461.
14. Natarajan, Dinesh & Soon, K. & Cox, N. & Adel, A. & Marasovic, S. & Zakariyya, Ahmad & Wong, C.. (2012). Ambulance Pre-notification of STEMI Markedly Reduces Door-to-First Device Time-single Centre’s Preliminary Results. Heart, Lung and Circulation. 21. S145. 10.1016/j.hlc.2012.05.366.
15. Vetro, Joseph & Natarajan, Dinesh & Mercer, Inga & Buckmaster, Jon & Heland, Melodie & Hart, Graeme & Bellomo, Rinaldo & Jones, Daryl. (2011). Antecedents to cardiac arrest in a hospital equipped with a medical emergency team. Critical care and resuscitation : journal of the Australasian Academy of Critical Care Medicine. 13. 162-6.View More