Dr Chris Cole is a Consultant Cardiothoracic Surgeon located at the Princess Alexandra Hospital, Greenslopes Private Hospital and The Wesley Hospital in Brisbane, Australia.
Dr Cole has a special interest in coronary artery bypass grafts, aortic and mitral valve surgery, valve-sparing aortic surgery, aortic dissection, transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI), minimally invasive thoracic surgery including uniport and chest wall surgery.
Dr Cole completed his Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery at the University of Queensland in Brisbane. Followed by advanced surgical training at the Princess Alexandra Hospital and Prince Charles Hospital in Brisbane, and the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital in Sydney.
In addition to his surgical roles, he is dedicated to research, education and training in the field. He is Convenor of the Cardiothoracic Surgery Trainees meeting for the Royal Australiasian College of Surgeons (RACS) and member of the Board of Cardiothoracic Surgery. He is heavily involved in the trainees meeting for the Australia and New Zealand Society of Cardiothoracic Surgery (ANZSCTS).
Dr Cole is also the Chair of the Queensland Cardiac Outcomes Registry (QCOR) Cardiac and Thoracic Surgery Steering Committee and an Associate Lecturer at the University of Queensland. He was also previously an Associate Professor at Bond University on the Gold Coast, and also held scholar roles at the Chinese University of Hong Kong and Prince of Wales Hospital, both in Hong Kong.
* This physician is currently not participating in the Hope For Hearts program. This profile was created using publically available information.
Procedures & Conditions
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafts (CABG)
- Mitral Valve Surgery
- Aortic Valve Surgery
- Aortic Dissection
- Re-do Aortic Valve Surgery
- Valve-Sparing Aortic Surgery
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation (TAVI)
- Minimally Invasive Thoracic Surgery
- Uniport Surgery
- Chest Wall Surgery
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Aortic Valve Disease
- Aortic Stenosis
- Mitral Valve Disease
- Lung Disease
Consultant Cardiothoracic SurgeonGreenslopes Private Hospital Present
Consultant Cardiothoracic SurgeonThe Wesley Hospital Present
Consultant Cardiothoracic SurgeonPrincess Alexandra Hospital Present
Associate LecturerUniversity of Queensland Present
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS)
Member of the International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer
Member of the Australian and New Zealand Society of Cardiac and Thoracic Surgeons
Member of the Australian Medical Association
UQMS prize for Excellence in Clinical Teaching
Research & Publications
1. O’sullivan, P. & Cole, C. & Mundy, Julie & Lo, W. & Garrahy, P. & Cox, S. & Sudhir, W. & Chong, A. & Korver, K. & Camuglia, Anthony. (2019). In-practice Hybrid Heart Team Co-proceduralist TAVR Model is Associated with Low Procedural Complication Rates and Good Patient Outcomes: The Princess Alexandra Hospital Hybrid Heart Team Approach. Heart, Lung and Circulation. 28. 10.1016/j.hlc.2019.06.640.
2. Fetahovic, Taufik & Hayman, Sam & Cox, Stephen & Cole, Chris & Rafter, Tony & Camuglia, Anthony. (2019). The Prophylactic Chimney Snorkel Technique for the Prevention of Acute Coronary Occlusion in High Risk for Coronary Obstruction Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement/Implantation Cases. Heart, Lung and Circulation. 28. 10.1016/j.hlc.2019.04.009.
3. Chong, A. & Mallouhi, M. & Camuglia, Anthony & Cole, C. & Cox, S. & Korver, K. & Wahi, Sudhir. (2018). Acute Afterload Reduction Post–Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement: Early Mechanistic Insights into Improved Left Ventricular Performance. Heart, Lung and Circulation. 27. S213. 10.1016/j.hlc.2018.06.384.
4. Schmidt, Campbell & Doi, Atsuo & Ura, Masashi & Cole, Chris & Mundy, Julie. (2017). Familial Atrial Myxoma: Three Related Cases at an Australian Tertiary Institution. Annals of thoracic and cardiovascular surgery : official journal of the Association of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgeons of Asia. 23. 10.5761/atcs.cr.16-00169.
5. Lin, Andrew & Jeffries, C. & Camuglia, Anthony & Wahi, Sudhir & Cole, C. & Mundy, Julie & Garrahy, P. & Dahiya, A.. (2016). Novel Protocol to Facilitate Low Contrast Dose Computed Tomography Angiography Before Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement: Initial Experience. Heart, Lung and Circulation. 25. S244. 10.1016/j.hlc.2016.06.568.
6. Burrage, Matthew & Moore, Peter & Cole, Chris & Cox, Stephen & Lo, Wing & Rafter, Anthony & Garlick, Bruce & Garrahy, Paul & Mundy, Julie & Camuglia, Anthony. (2016). Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement is Associated with Comparable Clinical Outcomes to Open Aortic Valve Surgery but with a Reduced Length of In-Patient Hospital Stay: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Randomised Trials. Heart, Lung and Circulation. 26. 10.1016/j.hlc.2016.07.011.View More